With TMC5160 Stepper drivers installed, shipped with custom configuration for user stepper motors and gear reductions.
- Permanent PEC
- Up to 6 star goto asisted polar aligment correction.
- Automatic refraction rate compensation.
- Custom park and home positions.
- Integrated Bluetooth and WiFi server/command channel.
- Refraction rate compensation
- Automatic meridian flip, meridian flip pause at home.
- Custom backslash setting.
- Custom limits (overhead, horizon, meridian)
- Custom observing sites.
- Large object database: Solar System, Messier, NGC/IC, Herschel, Bright Stars, User Custom Catalog.
- Manual speed/guide speed rates: 0,5x, 1x, 2x, 8x, 24x, 48x, 1/2 Vmax.
- Slew Rate: Depending on gears and motors, MCU max is 16uS/step
- Tracking: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar, Fine Adjust
- Power source: 3A 12VDC - 24VDC.
Download OnStep app from google play.
Manually move your mount axis to the home position (pointing to the celestial north), OnStep asume to be in this position every time is powered on.
Connect motor cables and power on the drive, the motors will not be energized until a “move axis” command is sent.
Disable your device mobile data, connect your android device to “OnStep” SSID, default password is: “password”, configure onstep app to connect to IP address and port: 192.168.0.1:9999 (top right drop down menu --> Connection).
Once a sucessful conection is done go to top right drop down menu --> Observing sites --> Enter you location and UTCoffset --> upload: This settings will be stored into memory for the actual and next sesions.
Go to main screen, press “Initialize/Park” --> “Set Date/Time”: The drive will take your device date and time, this step need to be done on every power on.
On main screen press “Tracking” --> “Start”: Tracking will start at sidereal rate.
Again to main screen, press “Solar System”: Select an object and press “GOTO”: The mount will point to the desired object at default slew rate (1,2º/s), default slew rate can be set anytime from 0,6 to 2,5º/s.
The connection may be done also throught bluetooth (previously paired with OnStep and configured in the app)
The drive can also be controlled throught any webbrowser, just connect to OnStep SSID and type "192.168.0.1"
For SkySafari app control use IP 192.168.0.1 and port 9999
For Stellarium Mobile use IP 192.168.0.1 and port 9998
FIRMWARE AND MANUAL
-This firmware is only valid for Instein ESP32 drives purchased from september 6 2020
-Instein custom drives have TMC5160 stepper drivers installed, if nothing else specified.
-This is source code for arduino, contains main drive MCU, wifi, hand control and ethernet adapter firmwares, unpack to anywhere on your PC and follow README.md file instructions.
- Use this spreadsheet to calculate the microstepping for your system.
OnStep Custom Drive
- Brands Instein Astro
- Product Code:OnStep Custom Drive
- Availability:In Stock